Our Fall Food Fest is your Thanksgiving primer!
Join us on Saturday September 30th from 10-1 at the Covent Garden Market to celebrate the season and prepare for Thanksgiving! Children’s activities, a free cooking class, live music, a corn roast, lots of free samples, and a turkey cook-off all in support of Growing Chefs Ontario!
Schedule of Events
- Children’s corn husk relay with prizes
- Guess the funny vegetable
- Market scavenger hunt
- Growing Chefs information table
- Food policy council information table
- Free cooking class with Chef Katherine Puzara:
- Learn how to transform your leftover Thanksgiving turkey into delicious meals for the following week!
- Free corn roast on the square with various flavoured butters from Growing Chefs!
- Sampling and judging of the chef’s turkey leftover creations on the mezzanine
- Sample their creations, pick up recipes and cast your vote!
*This event is in support of Growing Chefs! Ontario. Growing Chef’s mission is To get kids excited about wholesome healthy food, they aim to engage, strengthen and support communities in their ongoing conversations around food. Event sponsored by the Covent Garden Market.
*In support of Growing Chefs! Their mission is to educate children, families, and community members about healthy eating and healthy food systems. Event sponsored by Covent Garden Market.