We’re excited that our 2018 market calendar has arrived! Through the support of our generous sponsors and our partnership with Growing Chefs we are proud to share our love of local food with the community! Special thanks to Marianne Pfleger and Kathy Karn for our front and back covers. Come into the market and pick up your free copy from the table at centre court!
Click here for a downloadable version of the calendar!
Click here for bonus recipes!
Join us every Thursday from 11:30am-1:00pm inside the market for some delicious samples prepared in house. After enjoying these great samples, feel free to take the recipe sheet provided and try it at home! All of the fresh ingredients sampled can be purchased right here at the market for you to enjoy.
Thursday January 18th – Lemon Pizza
1 Pizza Dough
1 clove garlic
1 tblsp dried herbs (thyme or rosemary)
1 or 2 Shallots
1 ball of Fresh Mozzarella
1/2 cup of goat cheese
1 Maple Sausage
1) Chop garlic. Mix with 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil and dried summer herbs. Let sit, to infuse while you prepare the rest of the toppings.
2) Take one sweet sausage (honey or maple based flavours) and remove the casing. Cook ground sausage meat in pan.
3) Once the sausage is done cooking, remove meat from pan, but leave remaining oil.
4) Slice 1 or 2 shallots and sauté in the sausage pan.
5) Thinly slice one lemon.
6) Top the pizza
- Spread oil and garlic mixture on 1 rolled out dough.
- Break apart 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella and distribute evenly on pizza.
- Crumble a generous amount of soft goat cheese on pizza as well.
- If you have a favourite firm goat cheese, you may omit the mozzarella and grate the firm cheese over the whole pizza instead.
- Add the sausage, shallots, and thinly sliced lemon
8) Bake pizza at a high heat in your oven (around 450) for 20 minutes. Baking time and style will depend on what you are using for your pan. TIP: If the edges sound hollow when you tap them then your pizza is done and ready to enjoy!
Post expires at 9:35am on Friday December 14th, 2018