Join us outside on our market square every Thursday during lunch, for some delicious samples prepared in house. After enjoying these great samples, feel free to take the recipe sheet provided and try it at home! All of the fresh ingredients sampled can be purchased right here at the market for you to enjoy.
July 12th – Summer Potato Salad
2 lbs small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
1 tablespoon salt2 ears corn1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 tablespoons pickle juice, divided
1 red bell pepper
1 cup mayonnaise, can be substituted for vegan mayo
½ teaspoon paprika1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
½ celery, diced1/3 cup dill pickle, coarsely chopped
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
2 tablespoons fresh chives, for garnish
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, uncover, add the tablespoon of salt and corn, and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes and the corn are tender. Drain.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl. Combine 2 tablespoons of pickle juice with the mustard and pour it over the still-warm vegetables. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to an hour.
4. Dice the red bell pepper, removing the ribs and seeds.
5.. Cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, remaining tablespoon of pickle juice, paprika, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
7. Add bell pepper, corn, celery, pickles, red onion, green onions, and dill to the bowl of potatoes. Pour the dressing over and toss.
8. Sprinkle the salad with chopped chives for garnish.
Post expires at 9:35am on Friday December 14th, 2018