Join us every Thursday from 11:30am -1:00pm outside on our market square for some delicious samples prepared by Adrianna Rytter from Brescia College. After enjoying these great samples, feel free to take the recipe sheet provided and try it at home! All of the fresh ingredients sampled can be purchased right here at the market for you to enjoy.
Thursday July 20th – Fresh Tzatziki Dip
- ½ English cucumber, peeled
- 16 oz (2 cups) Cold plain Greek yogurt (either full fat or fat free will work)
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- ⅓ cup chopped dill, fresh or frozen
- 1½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (Juice of ½ lemon; please squeeze a real lemon)
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- How to Make Tzatziki Sauce:
- The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it’s juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn’t watery the next day.
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
- Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It’s best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!
- Serve with fresh, seasonal vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, carrots and snap peas!