Join us every Thursday from 11:30am-1:00pm inside the market for some delicious samples prepared in house. After enjoying these great samples, feel free to take the recipe sheet provided and try it at home! All of the fresh ingredients sampled can be purchased right here at the market for you to enjoy.
Thursday November 16th – Stuffed Chard Leaves
8 Chard Leaves
2 tblsp olive oil
1 large finely chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup of cooked grain (rice, bulgur, quinoa, couscous ect.)
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 tblsp fresh mint
½ lemon for juice
1) Remove the base stems of the chard, chop the stems into chunks
2) Heat pan and add oil. Sautee onion and chard stems until soft, add garlic and simmer briefly. Remove pan from heat.
3) Add rice, parsley, mint, and lemon juice to the pan and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
4) Boil large pot of water and blanch leaves briefly until bright green. Remove from water immediately.
5) Lay the leaves out flat, fill and roll like a burrito, tucking in the ends to hold it all together.
6) Serve warm. Optional: Drizzle with a garlic tahini sauce or opt for warm stewed tomatoes on top instead.